Monday, January 18, 2010

Second Trimester Is Where It Is At

So we are officially 17 weeks as of Friday the 15th. According to www.babycenter.com:

Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and they are around 5 inches long from head to bottom. It's amazing how fast they grow and how fast this has gone.

The first trimester was rough. People who love being pregnant are crazy. Being tired was one thing but the barfing was a whole other ball game. Everyone kept saying it would stop around 10 weeks. Well 10 weeks came and went, 12 weeks, and then 14. I was one day short of being 15 weeks and the barfing finally stopped. So I have to say the second trimester is where it is at. Energy is back, barfing has stopped, nausea has not stopped but is better.

During the second trimester I have gone back to the gym. I have pretty much eliminated running because I feel like Chunk doing the truffle shuffle with all the extra fluid in my stomach. So jogging, elliptical, and stairs is about all I can do.


It's scary to think we will know "hamburger buns or hotdog" this week. Everyone says the mom gets a vibe about it. Early in the pregnancy I was set it was a girl. Now I am not so sure. Guess we will find out very soon.

Too-da-loo!
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I can't wait to hear what you are having! You're absolutely right.... and I couldn't agree more, the second trimester is VERY refreshing! Sooooooo glad the yuckies are finally over for you! Remember not to over do it now that your hormones are leveled out, because the big hormone surge is right around the corner! Enjoy your new found energy, but REST UP too! = ) I hope your second trimester leaves you overflowing with joy.... It's so fun listening to you guys walk through this experience. Thanks for sharing! Love, Margo

    ReplyDelete